- G. A. H. Cadbury, Chairman, Cadbury Brothers, Ltd.
- R. P. S. Bache, Chairman and Managing Director, George Salter & Co. Ltd., West Bromwich.
- L. Hargreaves Beare, F.C.A., Deputy Chairman and Managing Director, Needles Industries Group, Ltd., Studley.
- R. H. Bennett, M.A., Director, Herefordshire Rural Community Council.
- J. B. Butterworth, J.P., Vice-Chancellor, Univeristy of Warwick.
- Mrs. W. E. Cavenagh, J.P., Barrister; Senior Lecturer, Criminology (Social Study Dept.), Birmingham University.
- S. R. Cresswell, M.B.E., J.P., Divisional Organiser, Amalgamated Engineering Union.
- J. B. Cullingworth, Director, Centre for Urban and Regional Studies, Faculty of Commerce and Social Science, Birmingham University.
- Alderman J. M. C. Higgs, Alderman and Chairman, Worcestershire County Council.
- Councillor G. E. Hill, T.D., J.P., Member, Solihull C.B.C.
- W. N. P Jones, Clerk, Shropshire County Council
- Councillor F. V. Magness, C.B.E., Councillor, Walsall County Borough Council.
- J. C. Mason, District Secretary, National Union of General and Municipal Workers.
- J. H. W. Melvin, District Organisation Officer, National and Local Government Officers' Association.
- D. A. Perris, J.P., Secretary, Birmingham Trades Council.
- Alderman Sir Frank L. Price, Alderman, Birmingham City Council.
- L. K. Robinson, Town Clerk, Stoke-on-Trent.
- Alderman C. M. T. Smith-Ryland, J.P., D.L., Alderman, Warwickshire County Council.
- C. H. Urwin, Regional Secretary, Transport and General Workers Union.
- I. J. Wallace, O.B.E., Director, Massey-Ferguson Holdings Ltd., Coventry.
- J. W. Wardle, J.P., Chairman, Kidderminster Rural District Council.
- Alderman H. Watton, C.B.E., J.P., Alderman, Birmingham City Council.
§ Some further names will be added at a later date.