§ Dr. David Owen
asked the Chancellor of the Exchequer whether he has now appointed a standing group to advise 335W about Government computer installations as recommended by the Estimates Committee in their Fourth Report.
§ Mr MacDermot
A Standing group has been set up with composition and terms of reference on the lines recommended by the Estimates Committee. Its membership is:—
- Mr. S. P. Osmond, Treasury, Chairman.
- Professor S. Gill, Imperial College.
- Mr. P. M. R. Hermon, B.O.A.C.
- Dr. M. Kendall, C-E-I-R Ltd.
- Mr. W. J. Newby, B.P. Ltd.
- Mr. J. K. Steward, I.C.I. Ltd.
together with representatives of:—
- Central Statistical Office.
- Department of Economic Affairs.
- General Register Office.
- Ministry of Technology.
- Board of Trade.
- H.M. Treasury.