§ Mr. Biffen
asked the First Secretary of State and Secretary of State for Economic Affairs if he will circulate in the OFFICIAL REPORT a list of references currently before the National Board for Prices and Incomes, showing the date the reference was gazetted, the date when the publication of the report of the Board was originally expected and any subsequent revisions in that date.
§ Mr. Frederick Lee
A list of references currently before the National Board for Prices and Incomes, with the dates on which they were gazetted, is set out below.
Although the Act requires the Board's reports to be published within three months of the date the reference was gazetted, my right hon. Friend is empowered to extend this period. There are a number of cases in particular references involving considerable research or a major examination of the structure of an industry, in which a considerably longer period is necessary for the Board to do a satisfactory job.
- Costs and Prices of Aluminium Semi-Manufacturers, 26th August, 1966.
- Costs and Charges in the Motor Repairing and Servicing Industry, 26th August, 1966.
- Pay of Chief and Senior Officers in the Local Government Service, 29th November, 1966. (Revised 6th December, 1966.) Pay of Chief and Senior Officers of the Greater London Council, 29th November, 1966.
- Remuneration of Milk Distributors, 17th January, 1967.
- Costs and Charges in the Radio and Television Rental and Relay Industry, 26th January, 1967.
- Remuneration of Solicitors, 10th February, 1967.
- Portland Cement Prices, 24th February, 1967.
- London Weighting in the Non-Industrial Civil Service, 21st March, 1967.
- Job Evaluation Schemes, 23rd March, 1967.
- Payment by Results Systems, 23rd March, 1967.
- Architects' Costs and Fees, 11th April, 1967.
- Pay and Conditions of Manual Workers in the Engineering Industry, 16th May, 1967.
- Pay and Conditions of Staff Workers in the Engineering Industry, 16th May, 1967.
- Prices of Fletton and Non-Fletton Bricks, 26th May, 1967.
- Salaries of Staff employed by the General Accident Fire and Life Assurance Corporation Ltd., 9th June, 1967.
- Pay of Nurses and Midwives in the National Health Service, 30th June, 1967.