§ Mr. Russell Johnston
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland what procedures he adopts in order to obtain advice before appointing members to hospital boards.
§ Mr. Ross
The following bodies are invited to suggest names for appointment to Regional Hospital Boards:
- The Scottish Universities.
- Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh.
- Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow.
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
- Royal Medico-Psychological Association (Scottish Branch).
- Scottish Association for Mental Health.
- British Medical Association (Scottish Branch).
- Royal College of Nursing (Scottish Branch).
- Scottish Matrons' Association.
- Royal College of Midwives (Scottish Council).
- Confederation of Health Services Employees.
- Local Health Authorities.
- Regional Hospital Boards.
- Hospital Boards of Management.
- N.H.S. Executive Councils.
- Scottish Trades Union Congress.
- Confederation of British Industry (Scottish Office).
- Parliamentary Committee of the Cooperative Union Ltd.
In addition to the names received in response to these invitations, I consider any others that may be submitted to me by other bodies and individuals.