§ 93. Mr. Braine
asked the Minister of Health when he proposes to announce the 17W names and terms of reference of Lord Brain's advisory committee on drugs and drug addiction.
§ Mr. K. Robinson
The full list of members of the new Advisory Committee on Drug Dependence is as follows:
- Chairman—The Lord Brain, M.A., D.M., F.R.C.P.
- R. G. Bannister, Esq., C.B.E., D.M., M.R.C.P.
- K. J. P. Barraclough, Esq., O.B.E., T.D., J.P.
- T. H. Bewley, Esq., M.D., F.R.C.P.I.
- Arthur Blenkinsop, Esq., M.P.
- J. C. Bloomfield, Esq., F.P.S., J.P.
- P. E. Brodie, Esq., O.B.E.
- P. H. Connell, Esq., M.D., D.P.M.
- The Rt. Hon. William Deedes, M.C., M.P.
- Miss Monica Furlong
- Ronald G. Gibson, Esq., O.B.E., M.R.C.S., L.R.C.P., L.L.D.
- J. D. P. Graham, Esq., M.D., M.R.C.P.
- Miss E. I. W. Hobkirk, C.B.E., T.D.
- N. B. Malleson, Esq., M.D., M.R.C.P.
- H. J. S. Matthew, Esq., M.B., Ch.B., F.R.C.P.
- A. B. Monro, Esq., M.D., Ph.D., M.R.C.P.E., D.P.M.
- Miss E. C. Murphy, B.A.
- H. W. Palmer, Esq., B.Com.
- T. Raison, Esq., M.A.
- M. Schofield, Esq., M.A.
- R. J. Werry, Esq., C.B.E., B.Sc.
- The Baroness Wootton of Abinger, M.A., L.H.D., L.L.D.
The terms of reference are:To keep under review the misuse of narcotic and other drugs which are likely to produce dependence, and to advise on remedial measures that might be taken or on any other related matters which the Ministers may refer to it.