§ LORD ABERDARE
asked Her Majesty's Government to give figures of direct Exchequer grants to aid sport for the years 1965–66 and 1966–67 (estimated) under the following headings:
- (a) Grants for current expenditure to national voluntary organisations;
- (b) Capital grants to voluntary bodies;
- (c) Other grants.
§ BARONESS PHILLIPS
The amounts paid in direct Exchequer grants for the financial year 1965–66 and the estimated amounts for 1966–67 are as follows:—
- (a) Grants for current expenditure to national voluntary organizations:
- 1965–66 £565,666; 1966–67 (estimated) £677,500.
(b) Capital grants to voluntary bodies:
- 1965–66 £739,695; 1966–67 (estimated) £923,000.
(c) Other grants:
- 1965–66 £36,316; 1966–67 (estimated) £57,500.
Total (a), (b) and (c):
- 1965–66 £1,341,677; 1966–67 (estimated) £1,658,000.
In addition to the expenditure shown above, grants and loans made available to the Football Association in connection with the 1966 World Cup competition are as follows:
Grant Loan Total 1965–66 £132,230 £40,459 £172,689 1966–67 (estimated) £216,570 £41,740 £258,310
1. The figures shown at (a), (b) and (c) above relate to expenditure in England, Scotland and Wales.
2. The figures at (a) relate to grants to national voluntary sports organisations under the Physical Training and Recreation Act 1937 towards their expenditure on administration and coaching.231WA
3. The figures at (b) do not include grants for the provision of village halls or community centres.
4. The figures at (b) include in the case of Scotland capital grants to district councils.232WA
5. The figures at (c) relate to assistance in respect of international events and conferences and expenditure on research.
House adjourned at one minute past eight o'clock.