§ Mr. David Mitchell
asked the Minister of Transport if she will list in the OFFICIAL REPORT a score of the largest projects deferred or cut in British Railways' capital investment programme as a result of the £10 million cut made in July 1966.
§ Mr. Swingler
The £10 million cut has been made over a wide range of Railways Board investment projects but, in particular, in sectors which interfere least with the development of the basic continuing railway network. Deferments include the following major schemes:
- Bradford (Exchange).
- Edinburgh (Waverley).
- Derby (Further Concentration of Engineering and other offices).
- Holyhead (Port Administration Office).
- London (Rehousing of London Midland Region Divisional Office).
- Glasgow (North-British).
- Moretonhampstead (Manor House).
- Stratford-upon-Avon (Welcombe).
- m.v. "Cambria".
- m.v. "Hibernia".
Road vehicle replacements
- Railway service vehicles.
- Parcels and sundries collection and delivery vehicles.
- Private cars.