HC Deb 09 November 1966 vol 735 c314W
Mr. Charles Morrison

asked the Minister of Housing and Local Government if he will list the committees, working parties and similar bodies for which he is responsible which are currently sitting, but excluding those which are composed only of civil servants, showing the number of civil servants who have been allocated to work full and half time, respectively, on each.

Mr. MacColl

The information requested is as follows:

Committee on Local Authority and Allied Personal Services (appointed jointly with my right hon. Friends the Home Secretary, the Secretary of State for Education and Science and the Minister of Health).

People in Local Government

  1. 1. Management Committee.
  2. 2. Staffing Committee.
  • Historic Buildings Council for England.
  • Preservation Policy Group.
  • Central Housing Advisory Committee.
  • Clean Air Council.
  • Central Advisory Water Committee.
  • Building Regulations Advisory Committee.
  • Technical Committee on Storm Overflows and the Disposal of Storm Sewage.
  • Standing Technical Committee on Synthetic Detergents.
  • Technical Committee on the Disposal of Toxic Solid Wastes.
  • Committee on Chemical Analysis of Sewage Effluents and Trade Effluents.
  • Committee on New Chemicals for Water Treatment.
  • Committee on Civil Defence Water Supplies Plant.
  • Advisory Committee on Ironstone Restoration.
  • Working Party on the Design and Construction of Underground Pipe Sewers.
  • Working Party on Refuse Collection.
  • Standing Committee on London Housing.

Four civil servants are employed full-time in connection with the Committee on Local Authority and Allied Personal Services; one is employed full-time on work for the Committees on People in Local Government; and one spends half his time on work for the Historic Buildings Council. Staff of my Department service all the other bodies listed above, but in no instance does this work represent anything approaching half-time employment.