HC Deb 24 May 1966 vol 729 c49W
Sir J. Langford-Holt

asked the Minister of Housing and Local Government what contribution he is making towards the cost of the scheme to prevent flooding in Bonmere Heath, Shropshire.

Mr. MacColl

My right hon. Friend has no power to make a contribution in a case of this kind, but I understand that the local authority have approached my right hon. Friend the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food about the possibility of grant on drainage work to be carried out under the Land Drainage Act, 1961.