HC Deb 17 May 1966 vol 728 c224W
96. Mr. G. Campbell

asked the Minister of Pensions and National Insurance whether the proposed Selective Employment Tax will be paid by the Treasury, in respect of Members of Parliament, with National Insurance contributions, and later refunded.

Miss Herbison

A Member of Parliament, unless he has some other occupation as an employed person, is classed as a self-employed person. It has not been proposed that the Selective Employment Tax should apply to self-employment.