HC Deb 29 June 1966 vol 730 cc274-5W
132. Sir J. Rodgers

asked the Minister of Transport if those people who, while overseas, have passed the Royal Air Force driving test, Class B, on vehicles up to three tons capacity, including cars, qualify for the issue of a civilian driving licence when they return to this country; and if the same rules apply to the Army driving test.

Mr. John Morris

No. To qualify for a British civilian driving licence a person must pass the test prescribed in the Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) Regulations. This test is conducted overseas only for members of the Army and the Navy.