§ Mr. Jopling
asked the Minister of Transport if she will list the organisations which she has officially addressed in her capacity as Minister of Transport, giving the dates in each case.
§ Mrs. Castle
I have also spoken at the following functions:
- 23rd February—Dock and Harbour Authorities Association.
- 29th April—Institute of Advanced Motorists.
- 5th May—Business International.
- 5th May—Institution of Structural Engineers.
- 10th May—Federation of Civil Engineering Contractors.
- 11th May—Road Haulage Association.
- 12th May—Paternoster Club.
- 16th May—Fleet Street Railway Circle.
- 18th May—Transport Salaried Staffs Association.
- 6th June—International Road Transport Union.
- 9th June—U.S. Chamber of Commerce (United Kingdom).
- 10th June—Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen.
- 23rd June—Women's Press Club of London.
- 18th April—British Railways Board Dinner to mark full electrification of services between Euston and Manchester and Liverpool.
- 22nd April—Ceremonial opening of Chester Inner Ring Road.
- 9th May—Ceremonial opening of new roll on/roll off terminal. King George Dock, Hull.
- 20th June—Presentation of National Trophy for Road Safety for Children.