HC Deb 23 June 1966 vol 730 c115W
Mr. Ron Lewis

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will make a general grant from the profits of the State Management Schemes to those areas where the profits are made, so that they can be used for improvements as may be necessary in the area.

Miss Bacon

No. The monies required to operate the Carlisle State Management Scheme are voted annually by Parliament and improvements to the Scheme's property are financed from the profits. There is no power under the Licensing Act, 1964, to make general grants for purposes unconnected with the Scheme and any excess revenue is payable to the Exchequer.