§ Mr. J. Idwal Jones
asked the Secretary of State for Wales whether, in view of the size and complexity of the problems involved in providing Welsh, or Welsh-English versions of official forms, he will consider seeking advice outside his Department; and if he will make a statement.
§ Mr. Cledwyn Hughes
I have appointed a panel to advise me as necessary on the translation problems involved. Professor Glanmor Williams (Swansea—University College, Department of History) has accepted an invitation to be the chairman of the panel. The other members are:
- Mr. Alun Edwards, (Aberystwyth—County Librarian, Cardiganshire).
- Mr. B. M. Evans, (Cardiff—recently retired from the post of Controller, Ministry of Labour, Wales Office).
- Mr. William George, (Criccieth—Solicitor).
- Mr. Bedwyr Lewis Jones (Bangor—University Lecturer).
- Mr. Frank Price Jones, (Bangor—Journalist and Lecturer).
- Alderman Mrs. Dorothy Rees, (Barry—Member of Glamorgan County Council).
- Mr. R. T. D. Williams. (Anglesey—Deputy Clerk, County Council).