HC Deb 10 February 1966 vol 724 cc130-1W
70. Mr. Fisher

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department whether he will introduce legislation to ensure that those committing acts of vandalism to public property are made to pay for the damage they cause.

Miss Bacon

Magistrates' courts already have power to order an offender to pay compensation up to £100 for malicious damage. Additional powers proposed in the Criminal Law Bill at present before the House will enable all criminal courts to order compensation up to £400 for damage arising from any indictable offence.

Forward to