HC Deb 19 May 1965 vol 712 c244W
Mr. Biggs-Davison

asked the Secretary of State for Commonwealth Relations whether he will arrange for the Oversea Migration Board to discuss with local authorities the emigration of children within their care.

Mr. Cledwyn Hughes

No. Local authorities are already aware that, with the consent of the Home Secretary, they may arrange for the emigration of a child in their care if they judge that emigration would be in the child's best long-term interest.

Forward to