HC Deb 24 June 1965 vol 714 c254W
Mrs. Joyce Butler

asked the Minister of Labour under what circumstances school leavers are required to register with the local youth office.

Mr. Marsh

School leavers and other young persons up to 18 years of age are encouraged to use the full facilities of the Youth Employment Service, but are required to register at a local office of the Service only for the purpose of claiming unemployment benefit or National Assistance, and in order to register for National Insurance and to obtain a national insurance card.

Forward to