§ Mr. Galbraith
asked the Minister of Technology if he will list the actions which he has taken since the creation of his Department to improve the status of engineers and technologists.
§ Mr. Cousins
The following actions are in hand:
- (i) a sponsored study by the Tavistock Institute of Human Relations of factors affecting the status of engineers
- (ii) work on behalf of the Committee on Manpower Resources for Science and Technology
- (iii) collaboration with other Departments:
- (a) to promote the greater use of technological subjects in television and radio programmes
- (b) to produce special booklets and films for wide distribution among young people.