HC Deb 26 July 1965 vol 717 c40W
Mrs. Margaret McKay

asked the Minister of Housing and Local Government what plans he has for modernising and expediting local government housing transfer procedures.

Mr. Mellish

I assume that my hon. Friend's Question refers to Greater London. The Greater London Council is setting up an Exchange Bureau, as required by the London Government Act, 1963, and this will facilitate the exchange of tenancies. Furthermore, the London boroughs are considering arrangements for the transfer of applications for council tenancies from one borough to another. I do not think there is any need for my right hon. Friend to intervene, but he will watch the progress of these developments.

Back to