HC Deb 08 July 1965 vol 715 c301W
Mr. Longden

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will bring to the notice of all police authorities the arrangement whereby deductions may be made from police pay and invested in a building society on favourable terms, so that on retirement a police officer is able to purchase his own house.

Mr. George Thomas

Arrangements on these lines have been made in a number of forces, including Hertfordshire. The hon. Member's Question, and this reply, will have the effect of bringing the arrangements to notice, and I do not think any further action on my right hon. and learned Friend's part is necessary.

Forward to