HC Deb 08 February 1965 vol 706 c11W
39. Mr. Goodhew

asked the Minister of Health whether he will give an allowance towards the duty on petrol to those disabled persons who, whilst entitled to a petrol-driven invalid tricycle, prefer to use their own cars.

Mr. K. Robinson

No. It would not be right to give allowances to those who prefer to make their own arrangements rather than to take advantage of the services available under the National Health Service.