§ Mr. Chapman
asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department whether he will make a statement about the membership of the Commonwealth Immigrants Advisory Council.
§ Sir F. Soskice
Yes. I am glad to say that five people have accepted my invitation to serve on the Council, one in place of Sir Harold Banwell whose resignation I have received with regret, and four as additional members. The full list of members is now:
- The Dowager Marchioness of Reading, G.B.E. (Chairman).
- Mr. R. J. Allerton, C.B.E.*.
- Mr. G. S. Bishop. C.B., O.B.E.*.
- Dr. H. 0. M. Bryant.
- Mr. G. A. H. Cadbury.
- Lady Coussey.
- Sir George Haynes, C.B.E.
- Mr. Philip Mason, C.I.E., O.B.E.
- Miss Marjorie Nicholson.
- Lt.-Gen. Sir Archibald Nye, G.C.S.I., G.C.M.G., G.C.I.E., K.C.B., K.B.E., M.C.
- Mr. H. Patten*.
- Mr. John Peile.
- Mr. J. H. Ryner, O.B.E.s.*.
- Mr. A. R. Truman.*.
- *Denotes a newly-appointed member.
The Secretary of the Council is Mr. W. M. Lee of the Home Office.