§ Mr. Albert Roberts
asked the Joint Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education and Science, as representing the Minister of Technology, if he 177W will announce the membership and terms of reference of the Advisory Council on Technology.
§ Mr. Boyden
Yes. The right hon. Gentleman the Minister of Technology will be Chairman of the Advisory Council on Technology with the following membership:
- Professor P. M. S. Blackett, F.R.S. (Ministry of Technology).
- Sir Leon Bagrit (Chairman, Elliott-Automation, Ltd.).
- W. B. D. Brown, Esq. (Chairman, The Glacier Metal Co. Ltd.).
- Sir William Carron (President, Amalgamated Engineering Union).
- C. F Carter, Esq (Vice-Chancellor, University of Lancaster)
- S. C. Curran, Esq., F.R.S. (Vice-Chancellor, University of Strathclyde).
- Sir Arnold Hall, F.R.S. (Managing Director, Hawker Siddeley Group).
- C. F. Kearton, Esq., O.B.E., F.R.S. (Chairman, Courtaulds Ltd.).
- Professor M. J. Lighthill, F.R.S. (Imperial College of Science & Technology).
- Lord Nelson of Stafford (Chairman, English Electric Co. Ltd.).
- H. C. Tett, Esq. (Chairman, Esso Petroleum Co. Ltd.).
The terms of reference of the Council are "to advise on the application of advanced technology in British industry".
The first meeting of the Council will be on Wednesday, 25th November, 1964.