HC Deb 20 November 1964 vol 702 cc103-4W
Sir Richard Glyn

asked the Secretary of State for Commonwealth Relations which Commonwealth countries allow unrestricted entry by British citizens seeking to land with a view to obtaining employment; which Commonwealth countries permit this subject to conditions; what the the conditions imposed in each case; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Bottomley

Regulations governing entry into and employment in another Commonwealth country are entirely the responsibility of the Government of that country and only that Government can give an authoritative interpretation of them. United Kingdom citizens seeking information about such regulations would be advised to apply to the High Commissioner's office of the commonwealth country they wished to enter.

Forward to