HC Deb 26 March 1964 vol 692 c151W
47. Mr. Vane

asked the Secretary of State for Industry, Trade and Regional Development what help is given by his Department to firms which are too large for assistance from the Rural Industries Bureau, yet wish either to start a new business or extend an existing business in a country town or village; and in what way this differs from help available to firms starting up or expanding in development or growth areas.

Mr. D. Price

Assistance under the Local Employment Acts is available to firms wishing to set up or expand businesses in country towns and villages which are development districts. This assistance is exactly the same as that available under the Acts to firms in other development districts and in growth places which are development districts.