§ Mr. Gurden
asked the Minister of Education, in view of the impending transfer to his Department of responsibility for the agricultural colleges, what proposals he has for obtaining suitable advice on the particular educational problems involved.
§ Sir E. Boyle
At my request and that of my right hon. Friend the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the National Advisory Council on Education for Industry and Commerce has set up a new advisory committee on further education for agriculture with the following terms of referenceTo advise on questions which may from time to time be referred to it relating to the provision of further education for agriculture at institutions other than universities.
The Committee has been asked as its first task to report on:The present provision of, and future requirements for, full time further education for agriculture in institutions other than universities with special reference to courses above the level of one-year certificate courses.
The membership of the Committee is as follows:
- Sir Harry Pilkington (Chairman).
- Sir William Alexander, Ph.D., Ed.B., B.Sc.
- Major P. D. Eirchell, D.L., M.A.
- Mr. H. Collisor, C.B.E.
- Mr. C. V. T. Dadd, M.A.Dip.Agric.
- Mr. J. A. C. Gibb, M.A., M.Sc.
- Mr. J. S. Hall, B.Sc.
- Professor J. P. Hudson, M.B.E., G.M., M.Sc., Ph.D., N.D.H.
- Professor Sir Joseph Hutchinson, C.M.G., Sc.D., F.R.S.
- Ald. B. G. Lampard-Vachell, C.B.E., M.A.. LL.D., A.F.R.Ae.S., J.P.
- Maj. Gen. C. Lloyd, C.B., C.B.E., T.D., B.Sc., F.Inst.P.
- Mr. R. F. Martyr, B.Sc.(Hort.).
- Dr. H. Ian Moore, C.B.E., M.Sc., Ph.D.. N.D.A., Dip.Ag.Sci.
- Mr. B. D. Neame.
- Mr. E. M. Owens.
- Mr. F. A. W. Peregrine, N.D.A.
- Alderman Mrs. D. M. Rees, J.P.
- Mr. J. E. Tabor, O.B.E., M.A.
- Mr. L. M. Tate, B.Sc., M.B.I.M., J.P.
- Mr. Martin Wilson, C.B.E., M.A.