§ Mr. Dempsey
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will publish details in the OFFICIAL REPORT showing the areas where new general hospitals will be built during the next 10 years, and the approximate dates when these projects will be started.
§ Mr. Noble
In addition to five major teaching hospital projects which will provide important new general hospital services, the Revision of the Hospital Plan for Scotland published on 1st May listed the following new general hospital projects which are planned to start in the five-year period up to March, 1969:
- Gartnavel District General Hospital, Glasgow—New Hospital.
- Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary— Replacement.
- Greenock—New Hospital.
- North Ayrshire—New Hospital.
- Airdrie—New Hospital.
- West Lothian—New Hospital.
- Fraserburgh—New Hospital.
- Inverness—New Hospital.
In the five-year period from March, 1969, to March, 1974, new general hospitals are planned to start at Ayr, Motherwell, Oban and Paisley.