§ Mr. Barber
In consultation with my right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for the Home Department, my right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for Scotland and I have reconvened the Committee with the following terms of referenceto consider whether in the light of recent experience the advice they gave in 1961 in relation to the prescribing of addictive drugs by doctors needs revising and, if so, to make recommendations".
The membership of the reconvened Committee is as follows:
- The Rt. Hon. Lord Brain, D.M., F.R.C.P.(Chairman).
- A. Lawrence Abel, Esq., M.S., F.R.C.S.
- Donald W. Hudson, Esq., M.P.S.
- Dr. A. D. Macdonald, M.Sc., M.D.
- Dr. H. J. S. Matthew, M.B., Ch.B., F.R.C.P.
- Dr. S. Noy Scott, M.R.C.S., L.R.C.P.
- Dr. M. A. Partridge, M.A., D.M., D.P.M., M.R.C.P.
- Dr. A J. Pitkeathly, O.B.E., M.B., Ch.B.