HC Deb 09 July 1964 vol 698 cc127-8W
52. Miss Vickers

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department whether he will consider making provision for a child born as the result of a criminal sexual assault for which the mother receives compensation for her personal injuries.

Mr. Brooke

I am afraid I do not think that this would be an appropriate extension of the scheme for compensating victims of crimes of violence.

Mr. Mapp

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if, in the scheme for compensation for victims of crimes of violence, he will ensure that the provision to publish information will include reference to broadcasting, local newspapers and Citizens Advice Bureaux.

Mr. Brooke

It will be for the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board to decide how to ensure that information about the scheme is made available to the public. I know that the Chairman of the Board is already considering how this should be done. I am bringing the hon. Member's Question to his notice.