§ Mr. Brewis
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland when he proposes to appoint the Scottish Certificate of Education Examination Board.
§ Mr. Noble
The Board has now been appointed. The Chairman is Sir David S. Anderson, formerly Principal of the Royal College of Science and Technology, and the following have agreed to accept appointment as members for a period of three years (a few acceptances being subject to confirmation after meetings of education authorities or other bodies concerned):
- Mr. R. M. Adam, Headmaster, Kirkcaldy High School.
- Mr. D. Beavis, Area Manager, Scottish Gas Board.
- Professor G M. Burnett, Aberdeen University.
- Miss J. M. Calder, Principal, Glasgow and West of. Scotland College of Domestic Science.
- Mr. A. B. Cameron, Director of Education, Dunbartonshire.
- Mr. H. E. Crivan, Vice-Principal, Coat-bridge Technical College.
- Mr. D. Currie, General Council of the Scottish T.U.C.
- Mr. W. M. Dewar, Headmaster, George Heriot's School, Edinburgh.
- Mr. J. C. Dougall, Education Committee, Perth and Kinross.
- Professor G. I. Duthie, Aberdeen University.
- Mr. F. A. Evans, Training Officer, Messrs. Ferranti Ltd., Edinburgh.
- Dr. T. E. Faulkner, Education Committee Dundee.
- Miss H. Fleming, Headmistress, George Watson's Ladies' College, Edinburgh.
- Mr. T. Fleming, Principal Teacher, St. Mungo's R.C. Academy, Glasgow.
- Professor C. J. Fordyce, Glasgow University.
- Mr. C. H. Gates, Principal Teacher, Inverurie Academy, Aberdeenshire.
- Mr. T. Gibb, County Clerk, East Lothian.
- Mr. W. G. Johnston, Headmaster, Inverness High School.
- Dr. R. A. Kille, Edinburgh University.
- Mr. N. M. Macaulay, Principal Teacher, Riverside Secondary School, Glasgow.
- Dr. H. S. Mackintosh, Director of Education, Glasgow.
- Professor G. D. S. MacLellan, Glasgow University.
- Professor I. D. McFarlane, St. Andrews University.
- Dr. D. M. McIntosh, Director of Education, Fife.
- Miss I. G. McIver, M.A., Headmistress, Hutchesons' Gars' Grammar School, Glasgow,
- Mr. W. J. Morris, Principal, Cowdenbeath Technical College.
- Mr. H. Forbes Murphy, Education and Training Committee, Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Dr. H. B. Nisbet, Principal, Heriot-Watt College, Edinburgh.
- Professor D. C. Pack, The Royal College of Science and Technology, Glasgow.
- Dr. G. Reith, Director of Education, Edinbugh.
- Professor A. E. Ritchie, St. Andrews University.
- Mr. J. Scotland, Principal, Aberdeen College of Education.
- Dr. J. Strawhorn, Principal Teacher, Cumnock Academy.
- Dr. N. T. Walker, Education Committee, Aberdeen City.
- Professor J. Wreford Watson, Edinburgh University.
- Mr. H. P. Wood, Principal, Jordanhill College of Education, Glasgow.
- Miss K. M. Young, Lady Superintendent, Perth Academy.