§ Mr. Sydney Irving
asked the Minister of Education what recommendations about grants were made to him by the Youth Service Development Council; and which of these he has approved.
§ Mr. Chataway
My right hon. Friend has consulted the Council generally about the principles governing the normal grants which the Department makes to the headquarters of national voluntary youth102W organisations towards their administrative expenses. He has accepted the Council's recommendations in respect of all applications for special grants and has made grants for the encouragement of experiments and special developments in the youth service to the following organisations:
- *Boys' Clubs of Wales.
- Council for Nature.
- Girl Guides Association.
- Hertfordshire Association of Boys' Clubs.
- *London Standing Conference of Housing Estate Community Groups.
- London Union of Youth Clubs and London Y.W.C.A.
- National Association of Boys' Clubs.
- National Association of Youth Clubs.
- National Youth Theatre.
- Ocean Youth Club.
- Royal Association in Aid of the Deaf and Dumb.
- *Sail Training Association.
- Welsh Association of Youth Clubs.
- Young Women's Christian Association.
- * Grant not yet taken up.
Headquarters grants have also been offered on the Council's advice to the Service by Youth Trust and the Youth Hostels Associations.
There is no case in which my right hon. Friend has not accepted the recommendation of the Council on these matters.