§ Mr. Dempsey
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will publish in the OFFICIAL REPORT the names of members of the new town corporations, together with the salaries and other emoluments attached to the office.
§ Mr. Maclay
The names of the members are given below. Salaries of £1,500 a year are paid to chairmen, £750 to deputy chairmen, and £400 to members. There are no other emoluments apart from the usual travelling and subsistence expenses.
General Sir Gordon H. A. MacMillan, K.C.B., K.C.V.O., C.B.E., D.S.O., M.C., D.L.
Sir Robert E. Russell, C.S.I., C.I.E.
- T. Coughtrie, Esq., C.B.E., L.L.D.
- Alexander McKellar, Esq., C.A.
- M. MacGregor, Esq., Ph.D.
- T. R. Patterson, Esq., C.B.E., D.L.
- Lord Provost Mrs. Jean Roberts.
- Daniel H. Taggart, Esq.
- Hugh Gillies, Esq.
Professor Robert Browning, C.B.E., M.A., L.L.B., CA.130W
Allan Young, Esq., C.B.E.
- Edward Daly, Esq.
- James M. McClure, Esq.
- A. D. MacKellar, Esq., O.B.E.
- Mrs. Mary B. Pinkerton.
- Frank A. B. Preston, Esq., M.I.Mun.E., M.T.P.I., F.R.S.E.
- Hugh C. Stenhouse, Esq., O.B.E., T.D.
The Lord Hughes, C.B.E., D.L., L.L.D.
Ronald R. Taylor, Esq.
- Mrs. D. P. Verden Anderson.
- Alexander Devlin, Esq.
- James B. Fleming, Esq., M.D.
- A. W. Mudie, Esq., C.A.
- Col. A. J. S. Watson, O.B.E.
David Lowe, Esq., C.B.E.
W. L. Taylor, Esq., B.L.
- J. G. Methven, Esq.
- P. Walker, Esq.
- Sir William Sinclair, C.B.E.
- W. J. Miller, Esq.
- Admiral Sir Peter Reid, K.C.B., C.V.O.
- John B. Rankin, Esq.