Mr. John McLeod
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland whether he is now able to announce the names of the Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland to be set up under the Mental Health (Scotland) Act, 1960, and the date for bringing the whole of the Act into operation.
§ Mr. Maclay
I have made an order bringing into operation on 1st June all those provisions of the Mental Health (Scotland) Act, 1960, that are not already in operation, including those relating to the functions of the Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland.
The Queen has been pleased to appoint, on my recommendation, the following as Commissioners of the Mental Welfare Commission:
- Sir Hugh Rose, Baronet (Chairman);
- Mrs. Joan Wolrige-Gordon;
- E. J. C. Hewitt, Esq., M.D., D.P.M.;
- Miss L. M. D. Mill, O.B.E., M.B., Ch.B., Dip.Psych.;
- W. M. Millar, Esq., M.D., M.R.C.P.E., Dip.Psych.;
- R. C. M. Monteith, Esq., D.L., M.C., T.D.;
- F. W. F. O'Brien, Esq., Q.C.; and
- R. W. Paterson, Esq.