§ 59. Mr. H. Hynd
asked the Lord Privy Seal if he will give a list of persons and organisations, other than ambassadors and high commissioners, whose staffs enjoy diplomatic privileges in this country.
§ Mr. Godber
The staffs of the following five organisations having their headquarters in the United Kingdom enjoy varying degrees of judicial immunity and fiscal privilege. The staffs of the three last named organisations are accorded fiscal privilege only.
- (1) The Western European Union (Executive Head—M. Goffin).
- (2) The Inter-governmental Maritime Consultative Organisation (Acting Executive Head—Mr. Graham).
- (3) The International Wheat Council (Executive Head—Dr. S. C. Hudson).
- (4) International Sugar Council (Executive Head—Dr. R. E. Stedman).
- (5) International Tin Council (Executive Head—Mr. Fox).
The staffs of the following six organisations, having their headquarters abroad, and agents or representatives in the United Kingdom, similarly enjoy varying degrees of judicial immunity and fiscal privilege.
- (1) The High Authority of the European Coal and Steel Community.
- (2) The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation.
- (3) The United Nations.
- (4) The International Labour Organisation.
- (5) The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
- (6) The International Development Association.
Persons connected with the following 18 organisations enjoy varying degrees of judicial immunity when visiting the United Kingdom.
- (1) International Labour Organisation.
- (2) Food and Agriculture Organisation.
- (3) International Civil Aviation Organisation.
- (4) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation.
- (5) World Health Organisation.
- (6) Universal Postal Union.
- (7) International Telecommunications Union.
- (8) World Meteorological Organisation.
- (9) International Court of Justice.
- (10) International Atomic Energy Agency
- (11) International Monetary Fund.
- (12) International Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
- (13) International Finance Corporation
- (14) International Development Association.
- (15) Customs Co-operation Council.
- (16) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
- (17) Council of Europe.
- (18) European Free Trade Association.