§ 58. Mr. Brewis
asked the President of the Board of Trade if he will give a list of development districts at present scheduled by him as eligible for assistance under the Local Employment Act, 1960.
§ Mr. Maudling
The following is the answer:
- Bishop Auckland, Crook, Shildon and Spennymoor.
- Haswell and Horden.
- South-East Tyneside including Jarrow and South Shields.
- Sunderland, Seaham and Houghton-le-Spring.
- Workington, Maryport and Cockermouth.
- Bridlington and Filey.
- *Skegness and Mablethorpe.
London and South-Eastern
*Isle of Wight.
- Cornwall (excluding Bude, Launceston, St. Austell, Saltash and Truro).
*Merseyside and Prescot.64W
Ammanford and Garnant.
- *Pontardawe and Ystalyfera.
- *Bargoed, including Blackwood, Pontlottyn and Ystrad Mynach.
- Blaenau Ffestiniog, Caernarvon, including Bangor and Bethesda.
- *Merthyr Tydfil.
- Milford Haven and Pembroke Dock.
- Pwllheli and Portmadoc.
- *Pontyclun and Tonyrefail.
Aberdeen, Inverurie and Stonehaven.
- Ardrossan, Dalry, Irvine, Kilburnie, Kilwinning and Stevenston.
- *Bathgate, Broxburn and the Calders.
- Dumbarton, including Alexandria and Helensburgh.
- Dundee and Broughty Ferry.
- Dunfermline, Burntisland, Cowdenbeath and Inverkeithing.
- Glasgow (including Barrhead, Clydebank, Kirkintilloch and Rutherglen).
- Greenock and Port Glasgow.
- Highlands and Islands (the seven counties of Argyll, Caithness, Inverness, Orkney, Ross and Cromarty, Sutherland and Zetland).
- North Lanarkshire.
- Paisley, Johnstone and Renfrew.
- Peterhead, Fraserburgh, Banff and Buckie.
NOTE.—In those development districts marked with an asterisk the Board of Trade are not at present accepting applications for assistance.