HC Deb 24 November 1960 vol 630 c123W
Mr. Iremonger

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department whether he is aware that a young person found guilty of house-breaking and placed on probation by the juvenile court cannot be dealt with for his original offence either by that court or by an adult court if he commits a further offence after reaching the age of 17 years, since neither court can convict a person of that age on a charge of housebreaking; and what legislative action he proposes to take in the matter.

Mr. R. A. Butler

I would refer my hon. Friend to Clause 9 of the Criminal Justice Bill.