§ Mr. Eden
asked the Minister of Transport, if, in respect of the recently announced motorway projects, he will state those motorways or lengths of motorway for which no line is proposed, a draft scheme has been published, a scheme has been made, tenders have been invited, a contract has been placed, and which are under construction, respectively.
§ Mr. Marples
The following table gives the information requested:
- London to Birmingham.
- Preston By-pass.
- Lancaster By-pass.
Motorways under construction
- Birmingham to Preston—viaducts and some bridges.
- Birmingham to Bristol—Part I (Lydiate Ash to Twyning).
- Ross Spur.
- London to South Wales—Maidenhead By-pass (including Thames Bridge).
- Doncaster By-pass.
- Maidstone By-pass.
- Stevenage By-pass.
- Birmingham to Preston—Section in Lancashire and the Stafford By-pass.
- Medway Motor Road—Medway Bridge.
- Birmingham to Preston—Sections in Cheshire and Staffordshire (other than Stafford By-pass).
- London to South Wales—Slough By-pass and Severn Bridge and Approaches.
- Medway Motor Road.
- Darlington By-pass.
Draft Scheme published
- London to South Wales—Chiswick to Langley.
- Preston to Lancaster.
- London to Yorkshire Part II—Crick to Doncaster.
- Midland Links—Dunston to Coleshill, Walsall to Lydiate Ash.
Line not yet published
- London to South Wales—Maidenhead to Almondsbury.
- Ditton By-pass.
- Penrith By-pass.
- Sheffield—Leeds Spur.
- Durham Motorway and Barton By-pass.
- Midland Links—Coleshill to Crick.
- Birmingham to Bristol—Part II.
- Hendon Urban Motorway.
- Lancashire—Yorkshire Motorway.
- Brighton Radial.
- Chertsey Radial.
- Norwich Radial.