§ Mr. Channon
asked the Prime Minister his plans with regard to the Memorial to the late Earl Lloyd George, in view of the death of the sculptor who was engaged upon it.
§ The Prime Minister
To obtain advice on this subject and also upon the arrangements for the Memorial to the late Earl of Balfour, I have appointed a new Committee. This will include a number of members from the separate Committees which have been advising on the two Memorials. My right hon. Friend the Member for Carshalton (Mr. Head) has agreed to act as Chairman and the following have also agreed to serve:
- The Earl of Balfour.
- Lord Bridges.
- The right hon. and learned Gentleman the Member for Montgomery (Mr. C. Davies).
- The right hon. Gentleman the Leader of the Opposition.
- The hon. Gentleman the Member for Orkney and Shetland (Mr. Grimond).
- The hon. Lady the Member for Carmarthen (Lady Megan Lloyd George).
- My hon. Friend the Member for Farnham (Sir G. Nicholson).
- My hon. Friend the Member for Carlton (Sir K. Pickthorn).