HC Deb 27 July 1960 vol 627 c168W
Mr. Emery

asked the Minister of State for Commonwealth Relations whether he will have issued permanent resident permits to those South African citizens who are now in any of the British South African Protectorates and who ask Her Majesty's Government for political asylum.

Mr. Alport

Any person who has come to one of the High Commission Territories from the Union of South Africa for political reasons may, if he satisfied the requirements of the laws in force in that Territory, apply for a permanent residence permit. Each application will be considered on its merits.

Forward to