§ Sir R. Robinson
asked the President of the Board of Trade whether he is yet able to announce which places he expects to include in the first list of development districts which will be eligible for assistance under the terms of the Local Employment Bill when that measure becomes law.30W
§ Mr. Maudling
Yes. Assuming that the Bill passes through its remaining Parliamentary stages without serious delays, the places which we expect to be Development Districts at first are:
- Bishop Auckland, Crook, Shildon and Spennymoor.
- Bridlington and Filey.
- Cornwall (excluding Bude, Gunnislake, Launceston, St. Austell, Saltash and Truro).
- Margate and Ramsgate.
- Merseyside and Prescot.
- Skegness and Mablethorpe
- South East Tyneside.
- Sunderland, Seaham, Horden and Houghtonle-Spring.
- West Cumberland (excluding Millom and Wigton).
- Aberdeen, Inverurie and Stonehaven.
- Ardrossan, Dalry, Irvine, Kilbirnie, Kilwinning and Stevenson.
- Bathgate, Broxburn and the Calders.
- Dundee and Broughty Ferry.
- Glasgow (including Barrhead, Clydebank, Kirkintilloch and Rutherglen).
- Greenock and Port Glasgow.
- Highlands and Islands.
- North Lanarkshire.
- Paisley, Johnstone and Renfrew.
- Peterhead, Fraserburgh, Banff and Buckie.
- Ammanford, Garnant, Pontardawe and Ystalyfera
- Bargoed, Blackwood, Pontlottyn and Ystrad Mynach.
- Caernarvon, Bangor, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Portmadoc and Pwllheli.
- Merthyr Tydfil.
- Milford Haven and Pembroke Dock.
- Rhondda, Pontyclun and Tonyrefail.