§ Mr. Jennings
asked the Minister of Education the terms of reference and membership of the Sub-Committee on Agricultural Education, which has been established by the National Advisory Council on Education for Industry and Commerce.
§ Sir D. Eccles
The Committee's terms of reference are71WTo advise on the steps to be taken in the light of the Report of the De La Warr Committee to develop education for agriculture in establishments maintained by local education authorities.
Its membership is as follows:
- 1. Alderman B. G. Lampard-Vachell, C.B.E., M.A., L.L.B., A.F.R.Ae.S., J.P., CA. (Chairman), Chairman, Devon Local Education Authority.
- 2. Mr. C. D. Alder, O.B.E., B.Sc. (Hons. Eng), Wh.Ex., Bowen Scholar, M.I.Mech.E., A.M.I.E.E., M.I.P.E., F.R.S.A., Principal, Cornwall Technical College.
- 3. Dr. W. P. Alexander, Ed.B., M.A., B.Sc., Secretary, Association of Education Committees.
- 4. Mr. W. T. P. Cooper, Witherwin Farm, Appleton, Warrington, Lancashire.
- 5. Mr. J. S. Hall, B.Sc., Principal, Cumberland and Westmorland Counties' Farm School, Newton Rigg, Penrith, Cumberland.
- 6. Mr. H. Wyn Jones, M.A., B.Sc., Secretary, Welsh Joint Education Committee.
- 7. Major General C. Lloyd, C.B., C.B.E., T.D., B.Sc., F.Inst.P., Director, City and Guilds of London Institute.
- 8. Mr. W. C. H. Luckett, J.P., Hon, Secretary, Kent County Committee, National Union of Agricultural Workers.
- 9. Mr. R. F. Martyr, B.Sc. (Hort.) London, Dip. Hort. (Wye), Principal, Pershore Institute of Horticulture, Pershore, Worcestershire.
- 10. Mr. E. M. Owens, Chairman, Education and Development Committee, National Farmers' Union.
- 11. Mr. J. P. Parry, M.A., Director, Bolton Technical Training College.
- 12. Mr. G. R. Sargeant, Member of Somerset County Council. National Union of Agricultural Workers.
- 13. Miss M. Sidwell, Senior Lecturer in Rural Domestic Economy, East Riding Institute of Agriculture, Bishop Burton, Beverley, East Yorkshire.
- 14. Mr. J. E. Tabor, O.B.E., M.A., Fennes, Bocking, Braintree, Essex. Chairman, Board of Governors, Essex Institute of Agriculture.
- 15. Mr. F. I. Venables, M.A., Principal, Culham College, Abingdon, Berkshire.
- 16. Mr. J. H. S. Wilkinson, M.A., Grange Farm, Hickleton, near Doncaster, Yorkshire. Chairman, Education and Development Committee of the West Riding County Branch, National Farmers' Union.
- 17. Mr. H. Martin Wilson, M.A., Secretary for Education, Salop County Council.