HC Deb 25 November 1958 vol 596 cc23-4W
73. Mr. Paget

asked the Minister of Housing and Local Government and Minister for Welsh Affairs whether he is aware that many tenants believe that submission of the G form and the obtaining of a certificate of disrepair is a once and for all procedure, and that if the house is subsequently allowed to get into disrepair they have no further remedy; and if he will take steps to publicise the fact that where landlords have taken advantage of the Rent Act to raise rents and subsequently allow the house to fall into disrepair, tenants are entitled to apply for a certificate of disrepair.

Mr. H. Brooke

I am not aware of any widespread misunderstanding on this point. The fact is, of course, that a tenant of controlled property can serve notice on Form G if ever the premises fall into disrepair, and can then obtain a certificate of disrepair if the landlord does not do the work or undertake to do it.