§ 26. Mr. Dodds
asked the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food if he will give details of the interests concerned who have given to him their views on the recommendations of the Food Standards Committee in respect to the quantity of dairy produce used in the manufacture of ice cream; and whether he can yet state when a start will be made in improving the food value and quality of ice cream.
§ Mr. Godber
My right hon. Friend is considering the Committee's recommendations in the light of the comments he has received.
Observations on the Food Standards Committee Report on the ice cream standard have been submitted by the following:
- Association of Municipal Corporations.
- Association of Public Analysts.
- Cambridge Ice Cream Company Limited.
- County Councils Association.
- Durham County Council.
- Ice Cream Alliance.
- Institute of Weights and Measures Administration.
- Metropolitan Boroughs Standing Joint Committee.
- Milk Marketing Board.
- National Cattle Breeders' Association.
- National Farmers' Union.
- Public Analyst City of Leicester.
- Wholesale Ice Cream Federation Limited.