§ Mr. Geoffrey Lloyd
The Council's function is to advise me on matters of policy connected with examinations in all types of secondary school. The Chairman is Dr. J. F. Lockwood, M.A., Ph.D., Master of Birkbeck College, University of London, and the members are:—
Nominating Body and Names of Members
Minister of Education:
- Miss M. J. Bishop, C.B.E., M.A., Headmistress of the Godolphin and Latymer School, Hammersmith.
- Mr. W. F. Crick, General Manager for Research and Statistics, Midland Bank.
- Mr. C. E. Miller, M.A., Headmaster of Prince Henry's Grammar School, Evesham.
- Professor J. A. Pope. B.Sc., Ph.D., D.Sc., M.I.Mech.E., Head of Department of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, University of Nottingham.
- Mr. R. B. Simpson, Works Director, English Rose, Ltd.
County Councils Association:
- Mr. R. Beloe, M.A. Chief Education Officer, Surrey.
- Mr. H. R. Thomas, C.B.E., J.P. Chairman of the Welsh Joint Education Committee.
Association of Municipal Corporations:
- Alderman T. J. Brennan, Vice-Chairman of Association of Municipal Corporations Education Committee.
- Mr. E. L. Russell. C.B.E., M.A., Chief Education Officer for Birmingham.
Association of Education Committees:
- Dr. W. P. Alexander, Ed.B., M.A., B.Sc., General Secretary, Association of Education Committees.
- Mr. Stanley Moffett, M.C., M.A. Director of Education for Sheffield.
London County Council:
- Dr. Alec Hay, Chief Inspector, Education Department, London County Council.
Joint Four Secondary Associations:
- Mr. E. H. Goddard, M.A., Headmaster, Haberdashers' Aske's Hatcham School.
- Miss H. Lister, M.A., Headmistress of Selhurst Grammar School, Croydon.
- Mr. A. W. S. Hutchings, M.A., Joint Secretary, Joint Four Secondary Associations.
- Miss O. M. Hastings, M.A., Joint Secretary, Joint Four Secondary Associations, and Secretary, Assistant Mistresses' Association.
National Union of Teachers:
- Mr. O. Barnett, B.E.M., B.A., Vice-Chairman of N.U.T. Education Committee.
- Mr. E. L. Britton, M.A., Headmaster of the County Secondary Mixed School, Warlingham.
- Mr. H. E. Davies, M.A., Headmaster of Canton High School, Cardiff.
- Mr. R. G. K. Hickman, B.A., Secretary to N.U.T. Grammar Schools Committee.
Association of Principals of Technical Institutions:
- Mr. N. M. H. Lightfoot, M.A. F.R.S.E., Principal of the Chelsea Polytechnic, London.
Association of Teachers in Technical Institutions:
- Mr. W. Ing, B.A., B.Com., Headmaster of the Secondary Technical School, Grimsby.
- Mr. H. D. P. Lee, M.A., Headmaster of The College, Winchester.
- Oxford, Cambridge and London Universities:
- Reverend V. J. K. Brook, M.A., All Souls College, Oxford.
- Mr. C. W. Crawley, M.A., Trinity Hall, Cambridge.
- Professor C. T. Ingold, D.Sc., Birkbeck College, University of London.
- Professor H. B. Charlton, C.B.E., M.A., D.de.D., Litt.D., John Edward Taylor Professor of English Language and Literature, University of Manchester.
- Dr. Brynmor Jones, B.Sc, Ph.D. Sc.D., F.R.I.C, Vice-Chancellor, University of Hull.
- Dame Olive Wheeler, D.B.E., D.Sc., lately Professor of Education, University College of South Wales and Monmouthshire, Cardiff.
Welsh Joint Education Committee:
- Mr. H. Wyn Jones, M.A., B.Sc., Secretary, Welsh Joint Education Committee.
- Professor Henry Lewis, M.A., D.Litt., Professor of Welsh Language and Literature, University College, Swansea.