§ Mr. Malcolm MacPherson
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland which schools have received assistance from the Industrial Fund for the Advancement of Science; which schools have been promised such assistance in the future; and which are independent and which direct grant schools.
§ Mr. Maclay
I am informed that the whole of the resources of the Industrial104W Fund have now been allotted, and that the Scottish schools which are being assisted from the Fund are as follows:
- Edinburgh Academy
- Fettes College.
- Glasgow Academy
- Gordonstoun School.
- *Keil School, Dumbarton.
- Kelvinside Academy.
- *Laurel Bank School, Glasgow
- Loretto School.
- Melville College, Edinburgh.
- Merchiston Castle School, Edinburgh
- *Park School, Glasgow.
- *St. George's School, Edinburgh.
- St. Joseph's College, Dumfries.
- Strathallan School.
- Trinity College, Glenalmond
- *Wellington School, Ayr.
- Daniel Stewart's College, Edinburgh
- Dollar Academy.
- Dundee High School.
- George Heriot's School, Edinburgh.
- George Watson's Boys' College, Edinburgh.
- *George Watson's Ladies' College, Edinburgh
- Hutchesons' Boys' Grammar School, Glasgow.
- Marr College, Troon.
- Mary Erskine School for Girls, Edinburgh.
- Morrison's Academy, Crieff.
- *Robert Gordon's College, Aberdeen.
* These schools received assistance only towards the purchase of apparatus.