§ Sir K. Joseph
asked the Secretary for the Home Department whether he can now announce the membership of the inter-departmental committee under the chairmanship of Mr. Justice Streatfeild on the business of the criminal courts.
§ Mr. R. A. Butler
My noble Friend the Lord Chancellor and I have appointed the following to be members of the interdepartmental committee under the chairmanship of Mr. Justice Streatfeild on the business of the criminal courts:
- Mr. T. H. Evans, Clerk of the Peace for Staffordshire.
- Dr. T. C. N. Gibbens, senior lecturer in forensic psychiatry at the Institute of Psychiatry, London.
- Mr. J. G. Harries, Secretary for Education, Cornwall.
- Sir David Hughes Parry, Q.C., Chairman of Caernarvon Quarter Sessions and director of the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of London.
- Professor W. J. H. Sprott, Professor of Philosophy, Nottingham University.
- Mr. G. A. Thesiger, M.B.E., Q.C., Chairman of West Kent Quarter Sessions and Recorder of Southend.
- Mrs. Barbara Wootton, J.P., Nuffield research fellow, Bedford College, London.
- Miss Nora Wynne, O.B.E., J.P., director of Carr & Co., Carlisle.