§ Mr. Watkins
asked the Minister of Housing and Local Government and Minister for Welsh Affairs whether he will give a list of the committees in Wales which advise the Government on matters of interest to the Principality.74W
§ Mr. H. Brooke
The following is a list of the committees which advise about matters broadly affecting Wales as a whole:
- The Council for Wales and Monmouthshire.
- The Conference of Heads of Government Offices in Wales, with two Standing Committees: the Economic Committee and the Rural Wales Committee.
- The Sub-Committee for Wales of the Hill Farming Advisory Committee.
- The Welsh Board for Industry—with North, East and West Wales District Committees.
- The Distribution of Industry Panel for Wales.
- The Welsh Advisory Water Committee.
- The Welsh Advisory Council for Civil Aviation.
- The Transport Users Consultative Committee for Wales.
- The Nature Conservancy Committee for Wales.
- The Central Advisory Council for Education (Wales).
- The Welsh Joint Education Committee.
- The University of Wales Education Board.
- The Historic Buildings Council for Wales.
- The Ancient Monuments Board for Wales.
- The Wales Building Committee.
- The Building and Civil Engineering Industry Joint Advisory Committee for Wales.
- The Welsh Committee of the Arts Council.
- The Advisory Committee on Youth Employment for Wales.
- The Welsh Overseas Publicity Advisory Committee.
There are, in addition, advisory committees concerned with particular responsibilities in particular localities, such as the War Pensions Committees.