HC Deb 29 January 1958 vol 581 c83W
Captain Kerby

asked the Chancellor of the Exchequer what form and number of medical certificates, and/or further proofs, other than a mere announcement by the subject herself, he requires before a female civil servant is permitted to obtain a higher salary, in a different employment category, owing to an alleged change in sex; to what extent the salary and employment category of a male civil servant, who changes his sex, is reduced accordingly; and if he will make a statement on his policy with regard to sex changes in the Civil Service.

Mr. Simon

An amended birth certificate. So far as I am aware, no case such as is referred to in the second part of the Question has arisen and I see no need for a statement of policy.