60. Mrs. Butler
asked the Minister of Health at which centres in this country equipment is available for the surgical 9W closure of ventricular septal defects in young children; and how many such operations on young children have been performed.
§ Mr. R. Thompson
I circulate below a list of the centres at which according to my information such equipment is available or shortly to become available. I regret that I am unable to supply the information asked for in the second part of the Question.
Following is the list:
- Shotley Bridge General Hospital, Consett.
- Leeds General Infirmary.
- City General Hospital, Sheffield.
- Papworth Hospital, near Cambridge.
- Hammersmith Hospital.
- *Middlesex Hospital.
- St. Bartholomew's Hospital.
- *Guy's Hospital.
- Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford.
- *Bristol Royal Infirmary.
- Sully Hospital, near Cardiff.
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham.
- *Royal Liverpool Children's Hospital.
- Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool.
- Sefton General Hospital, Liverpool.*Note: Only at the hospitals marked *has the operation as yet been performed with this equipment.