HC Deb 01 April 1958 vol 585 cc103-4W
Mr. Swingler

asked the Minister of Housing and Local Government and Minister for Welsh Affairs if he will now bring forward legislation to amend Section 111 of the Local Government Act, 1948, so as to put the payment of travelling and subsistence allowances to members of local valuation panels and other public bodies on a more reasonable basis.

Mr. Bevins

As my right hon. Friend informed my hon. Friend the Member for Southend, West (Sir H. Channon) on 17th December, he is considering a number of suggestions for amendment of Part VI of the Local Government Act, 1948. I cannot say when it will be possible to introduce legislation.

Forward to